Monday, October 3, 2011

Et tu, Wuala?

As some of you may know, I've been a real fan of Wuala. Their free "trading space" functionality made it possible to keep a lot of GB in the cloud (including the LFScript LiveCD images). And because it's secure it was also perfect for my personal backups.

But in a year, that will be gone... By then, I'll only have 2 GB left, which is not enough to publish Live CD's (not even mentioning that my personal backups will be gone).

Wuala made the unfortunate decision to kill one of the two features which made me use it, and had me talking people into using it. They tell me that "trading storage" had to go, to make room for new (really not impressive) features, which loosely translates to "we are now owned by a corporation that expects us to make money, so now please buy that which used to be free".

And that is not the cynic in me talking, no! I learned about Wuala in a presentation that talked about this very feature being the very thing that defined Wuala. Trading storage equals Wuala.

There already have been a lot of people complaining about the issue, so let's hope they change their mind about this.

In the mean time, please recommend alternatives to me. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Since I use Wuala too, I have no alternatives atm. It's really unfortunate :(

    ReplyDelete